- No scent is the best scent. – In a recent study more than 30% of people reported scented products as “irritating”. Eliminate odors with deep cleaning such as shampooing carpets, let in fresh air, and deodorize appliances.
- No clutter. – Keep buyers focused on the home, NOT the stuff. Declutter and depersonalize your home before showings and Open Houses.
- Clean out closets. – Closet size is a touchy issue for many buyers so there is a good chance that at least one closet will be scrutinized during your Open House. Maximize the appearance of storage space by removing closet contents.
- We love our pets but… – Our pets are sweet and loveable, but they can also create damage and odors. Many potential buyers will walk away if a pet or pets have lived in the home. Remedy signs of pet damage and remove pets during showings and your Open House.
- Go to a movie. – It is always best for sellers to NOT be present at showings and Open Houses. Allow potential buyers to comfortably view the home and freely discuss the property and their ideas with each other…give them room.
- Attractive entryways. – You never get a second chance to make a first impression. This is true for your home too. Remove dead plants and debris. Have the home pressure washed to remove cobwebs and mildew. Maybe even paint the front door and hang a wreath. Make your buyers welcome. If they smile upon entering that positivity will carry throughout the home tour.
- Close the toilet lids. – Just do it.
- Light and bright. – Rooms appear larger in brighter light. Experiment with lighting before your Open House. Make sure all the light bulbs, blinds and shades are in working order.
- Comfortable temperature. – Now in Florida this mostly means “keep it cool”. A cool comfortable temperature will make buyer happy to stay and look rather than leave for the AC in their car. It also lets them know the AC works well.
These are just a few helpful tips for a successful Open House….